Temptations: Why am I eating this?

I try to avoid the teacher's lounge at all costs. I never know what tempting goodies I might find. My will power is usually pretty strong and I can usually avoid the common varieties of calorie filled food. Most of them are highly processed with Lord knows what.

Today was the exception. A fellow teacher and I were discussing some of the difficulties we face and as I rushed out with my warm newly printed copies pressed against my chest I unconsciously grabbed a bright orange pumpkin cookie. This thing is crazy orange. 

I was halfway down the hallway when I realized what I had done. I had not even bitten into it yet. Well, obviously I eventually gave in and bit off the top. Ok, so it was good, but my tongue feels like it is coated in all things unnatural. Yuck!

So, why do we do this? Give in to temptation? Most of you know I write about healthy foods and encourage supplementing our diets with nutritious foods. I actually sorta feel guilty about even eating this thing. Sorta.

Hmmmm, perhaps I should start a series on will power and temptations. Now, wouldn't that be an interesting can of worms?

No comments:

Post a Comment