Facing Asperger's: The Girl in the Next Room


MH Olivares
Copyright 2011/2012
All Rights Reserved

Facing Asperger's: The Girl in the Next Room


The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

Her classmates are real noisy and sometimes even nosey
I want to take her to my room where it's quieter and cozy

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

The other day I heard that she was gnawing at her hands
The yelling in the classrooom was far from her initial plans

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

Tears began to stream and her teacher tried to help
She shunned him and she turned away in a screaming silent yelp

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

Her classmates laughed and pointed, I'm sure she was dissapointed
Her friend approached trying not to encroach as she gently lent a hand

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

the girl next door talked to her counselor and finally took a stand
she said it gets too noisy and they just don't understand

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

she asked if they could help her set up some sort of plan
It is now my turn to tell her I'll give her a helping hand

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

Call it fate or sheer coincidence because it is my conference
Perhaps the day will come for her to accept me with confidence

The girl in the next room sits pressed against a wall
I need her to know I am just across the hall

Tomorrow is the day that I will heed the call
and let her know I have a space for her just across the hall
Hub suggestions...
There are many first hand parental accounts of autism and Asperger's however, few are told from the actual person living in the spectrum. Please consider following and supporting fellow "hubber" Drummond1758 as he continues his series...
I would also like to take this time to recommend "hubber" BaileyBear. She has written many enlightening hubs. She shares her experiences in dealing with Asperger's within herself, her son and even with her cat Rocky. BaileyBear's Asperger Hubs
Originally published on HubPages.com 10/30/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment